Skip to main content

Hello,

Two questions, I am using NWC, thanks in advance for any help!

1. How to pass Boolean variables to a component workflow?

2. Is there a way to pre-load pre-fetched data into a start form (like using variables in the new task forms)?

First question, re: passing Boolean variables from a parent to a component workflow.

I've set up a workflow that is roughly like this:

1. Parent workflow - form collects information and attachments, and initiates a child by calling a component workflow depending on options / inputs.

a. After linking the processes together with "call a workflow", I see variables as inputs but I do not see any of the Boolean variables.

2. Component / child workflow - collects all of the input variables for use later on, the Boolean variables are needed for yes / no conditions like when to auto-escalate something. 

I also tried converting these to text and creating a string based on the results but it did not work as I expected.

Second question, re: pre-loading data into a form, is it possible to load read-only data into a start form from another process or similar method?

Thank you

Solved - Katie Chu‌ helped me out!  Now I just have to get that awesome new Variables-on-start-forms enabled for my account...Thanks Katie!

Prepopulating values can be done using form on-load rules and a new feature for variables is in beta but will be released to GA soon and is intended to help you do just this.

Thanks,

Eric