Skip to main content

Hello all,

I am currently trying to implement a new field among my records in a workflow.

I am attempting to write a status into a status field using the workflow created in K2Studio.

I have tried using both a data event and a Smartobject event with no success. I have searched through the knowledge base and I am unable to find specific instructions to do this.

The workflow still works but doesn't complete the save action. When I perform a GetList on the smartobject I can see that the new field is still blank.

Kind Regards,

Martin 

Hi Martin,

Can you fill in some gaps. When you say your a implementing a new field for a record can you walk us through the steps you followed to accomplish that? Where was the field added? How was it added?

For example, if you were adding a new field to a SharePoint list or even a SQL table, you'd have to:

1. Add the field to the data source
  2. Referesh the service instance for the data source
  3. Update the Smart Object methods affected by the service instance update to map the new field on the Smart Object Property. For example, if you want to both save and get list you will need to update both of those methods to map the service object method properties to the smart object properties.
  4. Open any views that are using the smart object to refresh the view with the smart object changes and update any rules.
  5. Open any forms the use the impacted views to refresh the form and update any rules as necessary.
  6. In workflows, you would need to run back through the wizard steps where the smart object was consumed and update those as well.

Given all the hoops you have to jump through to make a change to the data layer I always stress as hard as I possibly can that the best practice is to try to get your data layer as baked as possible before you start building to minimize rework. Not saying you didn't do that, but was a good point in the story for the public service announcement.

Chances are one of those steps may have been missed when adding the field.

Hope this helps.

S.

Hello Scott,

I have added the new field to the Smartobject. I then went into K2 Studio and refreshed the smartobject references and confirmed they were available to use.

When I use any event via Smartobject reference or going onto the Smartobject Server I can see the new field avaialble to use.

The smartforms that are using the smartobject can also see the new field (but not using directly).

When using the save/load methods (either from the smartobject reference or using it directly from the smartobject server itself in K2Studio) in either a data event or a smartobject event it is still leaving the field blank after it has completed the activity on the workflow.

My best guess is the way I am inputting it into K2studio is incorrect.

Kind Regards,

Martin