Skip to main content

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can advise...

Another team in our org is thinking of using K2, what would be easiest way to partition K2 so that they can only create and see there own forms and own workflows, so that they cannot see or edit our forms/workflows?

Also, what rights would need to be assigned?

Does anyone here already have this situation and offer advice?

Thanks in advance?

Hi there,

If you want to keep the environments truely separate with no cross over of projects, you will likely have to set up a different server entirely for this new team. The way that each of the K2 servers is setup, the development environment is shared between all users on the server. There is currently no way to change which projects are visible to each user. Therefore, a separate server would be required to isolate these teams from each other.

Ian

Hi,

To fulfill one such requirement defining security/permissions level on Category wise is helpful and indeed this a feature request, unfortunately managing Categroy level security/ permissions not available yet on current K2 version. setting up indivisual K2 environment for each user is the only suggestion i can think of at the moment. in the mean time i would recommend you to log a feature request for categroy wise security/permissions management.

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Other than faeture request, what would you guys suggest is the best way to manage two seperate teams wanting access to create and manage their own forms and workflows?

@Sharpharp1, 

"Other than faeture request, what would you guys suggest is the best way to manage two seperate teams wanting access to create and manage their own forms and workflows?"

Although it is not a partition, we use an explicit naming convention in Smarforms and SQL. Using a category named after a user or team.  We only build smartforms under that category. Using an explicit naming convention will eliminate confusion, but if the other team had malicious intent, they could still access their other teams forms. I don't know if the data you are using is top secret, you will need a different method, but if it just different teams on the same level, this method works.  

TeamA

-Project1138

--Proect1 views

--Project1 forms

--Project1 workflows

-Project2

TeamB

--Project1151

etc,