Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I'm creating a form with multiple tabs, each tab to be completed at a different part of the workflow.

I need the form to be validated each time it is approved and moves on in the workflow, so I have created a view to hold the actions as I don't believe I can add validation to the submit button on the default k2 workflow actioning view. I'm having an issue how however as the view I have created for actioning the item has to sit on a tab, rather than above all the tabs. Ideally I would only need the view on the form once as having it there a number of times on multiple tabs causes difficulty when passing data to/from it on the workflow as each copy of the view share the same name.

I've attached an image of the problem to the post.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Simon

10688i11BCC6D8FDEDD253.png

My first though on how to do this would be to use some type of subform solution.  The tabs are on the sub form and the subform is added to the main form (which has the submit action button).  I see evidence of support for this in the rules dialog where it talks about subforms.  However, I have never used subforms before and cannot seem to convince K2 Designer to add one (spend only 5 mins trying).  Looking though the K2 documentation it doesn't say anything about subforms... perhaps they don't exist.

Another option might be to put the submit controls on the very last tab and require users to click that tab when they want to submit.

Or you could consider using multiple views on a single form instead of multiple tabs.  You can use rules to show/hide views as you need. This would allow you to create your own tab-like interface without using the built-in tabs.

Ok, I have been doing more research and the subform thing is not what you want. because it isn't what I thought it was.  Basically a subform opens another form as a dialog locking you out of the main form until you close the subform.

Hi Steveh,

I done some research on subforms and though it could work it could be a pain to fill in for the users, thanks for your suggestion though!