Skip to main content

Hi All,

I requirement in our project , wherein we need to trigger a workflow when column 'status' changes in  sharepoint library .

Firstly workflow will trigger when item created/updated in sharepoint library .

Then if user tries to manually changes the values of some column , lets say 'Status' is a column which two values defined in a drop down (In Draft and In Review) by default it will be 'In Draft' and if user changes it to 'In Review' have to trigger other part of workflow.

Condtion is like if user first selected 'In Draft' then workflow should halt ,  and if user changes the status as 'In Review' then it should move further with same instance of the process.

Any help will be very appreciiated .

Thanks and Regards,

Ruchi

Hi Ruchi,

Based on my understanding of your scenario...

In K2 Designer or K2 Studio, you can edit the "Outcome" of the start rule for your workflow process to evaluate the Status field when the item in your Library is udpated and/or added(created).

See here for the K2 for SharePoint 2013 designer reference.

In this case, I'm using K2 Designer with K2 for SharePoint 2013. I'm assuming you've selected to start a workflow when an item was updated, and probably added too.

12310iD55B5A47DA9DFAD5.png

2. Move throught the wizard screen until you come to the Workflow Start Outcome list, Select your Start outcome from the Outcome list. Click the Edit button in the top menu to come to this window.

12101iE8032F0FD2FFA900.png

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the solution and reply you have posted.

I have question here can it be possiblbe in K2 Studio to edit the start rule .

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Ruchi Agarwal

To do what you're asking, in K2 released versions up to this date, you can edit the Line Rule coming out of the Start event on your design canvas. However, in this scenario, a workflow is actually going to be started everytime you edit and save(update) the properties of the document or the document file itself, if the status is set to Review it will move on down the line. If it's set to any other value it has nowhere to go so it will complete. See below:

15640i3355CAB8396ED3BD.gif

NOTE: in a future release, you will be able to set starting criteria on SharePoint start events like Item Updated and Item Deleted.

Yet, another option is to have the workflow started manually whenever your document owner is ready to send a document off for review. For your learning convenience, we have a tutorial for this hosted off of our Help site for K2 for SharePoint that you could review: 

Click here for the Document Review and Approval tutorial. There is a documented build walkthrough, or on the right side of the page you can watch videos.

Hope that helps.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply .

But in my case if i set Line Rule in k2 studio it will create multiple instance for very status change value , which is what we are trying to remove it .

Anyways thanks a ton for the reply.

Regards,

Chiru