Skip to main content

How can I transfer data from an external list to populate the controls on my form?  

I want to trigger this action when there is a change in selection for a drop down field at the top of the form. So depending on which item is selected in the dropdown, different data will be rolled up in the controls on the form.

Hello,

You would essentially need to implement a rule in which, when the drop-down list is changed then execute the view's get list method based on the criteria you would like to match. An example would be if you had a smartform in which contained current outstanding tasks. However you wanted a filter so you can see who has what open by their name. You could implement a solution by adding a dropdown list with all AD users, and then creating a rule that when that list is changed then execute the view's "Get List" method which would need to be configured to map the individual who is assigned via the SharePoint list to their AD username. The reason I am mapping to their AD user name is incase of the instance in which not everyone has something assigned to them, but you still wanted them to be visible in the drop-down list.

Thanks!

Regards,

Matt