Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm using visual studio 2012 K2 designer. When I try to open the default wizard of a Default Client Event I face this error message "The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found". Please advise me.

Perhaps, it has to do with the server name that is used in the connection string for the UserBrower. In the c:programdatasourcecode directory (might need to enable hidden folder in window explorer), open the configurationManager.config file and search for "UserBrowserServer".

Can you make sure that the connection string for the "UserBrowserServer" is pointing to the correct host and the hostname can be properly resolved.

Dear Khanh,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a machine with Windows 7, K2 blackPearl Client Tools installed and Visual Studio 2012. I'm connecting to a K2 balckPearl Server with IP 10.2.2.51 and port 5555, here is the used connection string: "Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=10.2.2.51;Port=5555;SecurityLabelName=K2;UserID=epg;Password=Otv@123;WindowsDomain=bigreddc"

When I try to add a new process (.kprx) on visual studio, add a default client event and try to open its wizard I get the error message "The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found "

The UserBrowserServer is updated now to be "<add key="UserBrowserServer" value="Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=10.2.2.51;Port=5555;SecurityLabelName=K2;UserID=epg;Password=Otv@123;WindowsDomain=bigreddc" />"

But I'm still facing the same error when I try to open the wizard?!!! I attached the Config files URLs in this reply.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7lxcdvgnx6r84o/ConfigurationManager.config

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gdtvm8jk5cct80/EnvironmentLibrarySettings.config

it looks like there is a name resolution issue with the server name used in the connection string for the UserBrowser. In my machine, it was set to this

<add key="UserBrowserServer" value="Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=server_name;Port=5555 />

it's a bit different from your connection string. perhaps you can try to remove the values after the port number for the userbrowser and the connection string from K2 context browser in K2 for VS. Please make a backup of the .config file before proceeding with it. 

If I recall correctly, providing specific credentials in the connection string, while leaving Integrated=True leads to some strange behavior. I seem to remember that whenever Integrated=True, the connection will be made as the user running the application. Try setting Integrated=False with the same credentials applied, and see if that helps.