Skip to main content

When you enable lazy approval, it adds a unique code to the subject line so that it knows with workflow task it is approving.  got it.   I have a scenario where I want other software to generate a email that can automatically send to Nintex Workflows to let it know the task was responded to. It has the ability to look up Nintex web services to determine if there is an approval task assigned, and what responses are available. I just can't post back because of limitations with authentication and Nintex error that "the account used is unable to respond to this task". I was hoping I can make an Admin account have permissions to respond to any Workflow approvals, but haven't figured how to get around the "delegate then respond" restrictions.

Is the code used by Nintex for the Lazy Approval available in any of it's tables via web service so I can look it up and create a email to mimic the lazy approval.  I need to save clicks and reduce the number of places to go to complete a simple approval.

What I've found is that if you make a web service call to the URL _vti_bin/nintexworkflow/workflow.asmx and the web method GetTaskStubsForCurrentUser you get this data back for all of the approvals

<TaskStub>

<TaskToken>Lazy Approval Token</TaskToken>

<WorkflowName>Workflow Name</WorkflowName>

<ActivityTitle>Task Name</ActivityTitle>

<EntryTime>Time Stamp when created</EntryTime>

</TaskStub>

The only problem is that it's based on the user account making the web service call, no parameters to look up other approvals.

There is also the method titled ProcessTaskResponseUsingToken which allows you to pass through the values to complete a task but again, you need to know the token and probably fake who is making the call otherwise you could get access denied.

Were you able to get this working? I have been tasked with the same thing. Or if I could include the token in the body of the email so I can pass along to a different webservice.

No I wasn't able to find a work around for this.  Just included the direct link to the approval task in the reminder emails.