Skip to main content

I created a workflow with "Request Approval" workflow action in my acceptance server. This action has a custom task form. Later I exported and imported this workflow into production server. When tried to publish, the "Request Approval" action shows a message "The form has control(s) that have incomplete property settings" and not allowing me to publish the form.

I tried open and save each and every field from the custom task from and also make sure the fields are connected to respective list columns (wherever applicable). But still no luck.

Well, I found a fix for this issue.

In the "Confirm Save" dialog when saving the Nintex Task form, it shows 3 layouts.

1. Desktop

2. Nintex Mobile Phone

3. Nintex Mobile Tablet

I have deleted the 2nd and 3rd layouts as I don't need them, then the error message gone on "Request Approval" action.

I think there might be compatibility issues with respect to controls or design while saving the form. 

I had a similar issue, but the above actions did not resolve it.

I found resolution by opening all of the controls on the form and clicking "save". Not sure why this resolved it - possible that it relinked those controls to the workflow/list in its new location.