Skip to main content
Hi,

I get the error "The file is checked out or locked for editing by user." under ClientEvent Error Type.
Even 'repair activity' is not solving my problem.

What could be the possible reasons for this error ?
Well, have you checked SPS site whether "The file is checked out or locked for editing by user"? Could definitely be the reason for the error...

Regards,
Ockert
:evil: I have also seen this b4 on the Eccentrix VPC - The document was definitely not checked out - Could not get it to work...
Hi,

We have a very similar problem.

We have a subprocess (kicked off with an IPC event) with activities in the following order:
0. an initial version of the form is created by K2 in a sharepoint form library.
1. user needs to fill in the infopath form from the library.
2. user's manager needs to fill in the "same" form with another view from the same library.
3. approvers (from financy) needs to fill in the form with another view...

On every activity, "delete temporary file" and "ignore errors when..." are checked in and forms are created with the same name.

The problem is that we've got the following error in some circumstances:
The file <filepath> is checked out or locked for editing by <domainuser>.

The interesting thing is that if we test it on the development machine with test domain users, from about 20 cases there were none of the forms are being jammed.

But if we test it from another machine within the domain with the same test domain users, every forms are jammed and K2 is unable to delete them (thows the error message I've mentioned above) even if we use different names for the forms to give some extra time for K2 to delete them.

(well, it is probably not a K2 issue at all, but I really hope that somebody can help us to solve this issue.)

Please help!

thanks,
matyas