Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using "Task Reminder" action and I need to insert a link to the Task status URL in the email message body. How can I build this URL with the available properties in the Common, Item Properties, workflow Variables tabs of "Reference" dialog?

Please advise,

Thanks

Hi Chaithanya,

Which kind of task action do you use? The flexi and the to-do task offer reminders directly inside the task action. There you have access to all the task related variables of your workflow context.

I recommend you try to use the flexi task action and set the reminder right there. You can use the "Approval URL" from the common tab to provide the URL of response form for the task. This is much easier than building the url yourself.

Could this be working for you?

Greetings

Philipp

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your response. I Started with "flexi task" and "Assign-to-do" actions, however, My task out comes are "Not started", "In Progress" and "Completed". So, the above mentioned task action does not let me specify a condition as to when I should stop sending reminders. For eg: If my task outcome is "In progress" or "Not Started", I still want to continue to send the reminders. so this is the reason I set up my workflow as follows.

1) Assign a "Flexi task" and then define three outcomes. "Not started", "In progress" and "Completed".

2) if the user response is "completed", no further reminders should be sent. However, if the user response is "In Progress" or "Not started", then I inserted a seperate Task reminder action for In Progress and Not started outcomes and this is where I need the "Task Status URL" form in the email message, so users can updated the task outcome.

Please advise if I can stop sending reminders based on a certain task outcome using flexi task or Assign-to-do?

Thanks,

Hi Chaithanya,

Nintex Workflow doesn't have an out of the box method for doing his.  If a user responds to a task, that action will be completed, and as such there is no need for reminders.  That task is completed.

What you could do, is have another task action on the Not Started and In Progress branches, that assigns a new task to that user with no reminders (other than the initial email that they will get).

Vadim