Skip to main content

Hello,

We have several K2 applications. For the task redirection, every time application coordinators have to contact technical team.
We don't want to give a server admin access to all app coordinator in k2 workspace. Is there any custom solution anyone has built to redirect the task, that can be used by end users or any idea how it can be done? I would really appreciate.

Hi,

You can create custom .NET application and using K2 API you can achive this.

Below is code for Redirection worklist Item though .NET

public void Redirect(string serialNumber, string currentUser, string redirectToUser)

{

string host = ConfigurationManager.AppSettingsn"Host"];

K2.WorklistItem worklistItem = null;

K2.Connection connection = null;

connection = new K2.Connection();

connection.Open(host);

currentUser = currentUser.Contains("K2:") ? currentUser : "K2:" + currentUser;

connection.ImpersonateUser(currentUser);

worklistItem = connection.OpenWorklistItem(serialNumber);

worklistItem.Release();

redirectToUser = redirectToUser.Contains("K2:") ? redirectToUser : "K2:" + redirectToUser;

worklistItem.Redirect(redirectToUser);

}

Redirect functionality is available to the end user out of the box with K2 in workspace and does not require any administrative privledge as it is a normal part of the worklist.

EDIT: I need to clarify this as it is normal of the person that is assigned the task. After re-reading your post, I am correct in my understanding you want a thrid part (not the assigned user) to be able to redirect the task? If so, then an API approach like the one outlined in the previous reponse would be appropriate.

S.