Skip to main content

I am having trouble getting tasks notifications to work. However, the standard Mail Event works fine. I looked in the Event Viewer and saw the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SourceCode.Logging.Extension.EventLogExtension
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7498
Date:  1/20/2011
Time:  10:30:55 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: LUISDEV
Description:
7498 An error has occurred: System.Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. : The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated at SourceCode.EventBus.Server.EventQueueProcessing.ExecuteAssembly(Int32 CustomEventInstanceID, Int32 CustomEventID, ResolvedPolicyMapping resolvedPolicyMapping, Boolean isConditional, Int32 eventTypeID) at SourceCode.EventBus.Server.EventQueueProcessing.ProcessEvent(Int32 ID)

Which is kind of puzzling since the development mail server does not require authentication.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Luis

Can you check that the following config file has the correct smtp server registered

C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinSourceCode.EventBus.EventAssemblies.dll.config

Thanks,

That was the last piece of information I needed. In order to get task notification to work I had to

Update the Mail server in:
SourceCode.EventButs.EventAssemblies.dll.config
K2Server.config

Update the send mail from account in
SourceCode.EventBus.Server.config

Update the SMTP value in the Configuration table of the K2HostServer database

Luis