Skip to main content

Hi All – I am a newbie and could use a hand….  I have two Processes running under different projects in the same solution. I have an activity in Process A that has an IPC Event set to Synchronously start Process B. Process B has one default activity containing a Client Event that sends out an email. Unfortunately control does not appear to be being passed back to Process A. When I look at the flow for Process B there is no end time for the Client Event and no Finish Date for the Process. I am assuming that Process A is waiting for this information to continue. As you have probably guessed by now the Activity Summary for the IPC Event in Process A does not show a finish date.

Under the Configure Actions tab in the Client Event in Process B I have

Name=Task Completed                                Description=Default created action         Type=Finish

Under the Configure Outcomes tab I have

Name=Task Completed                                Description= Default Outcome generated originally from the Tack Completed action

I can see no errors being generated

Thanks,

Tom

I think your client event in Process B has more than desntination user who need to action the task. See the viewflow of Process B. What is the current state? See in Management worklist if that activity has any task.

Process A will not continue until Process B finishes.

Thanks for the reply!!! Viewing the workflow I can see that the ClientEvent in Process B has no end time. In the ClientEvent I am using a bogus URL for the Web Page and sending out an email with some debugging fields. I have an Action called Task Completed with a type Finish and an Outcome using task completed. I would assume this configuration would finish the task. Is there something I can add to my process to force it to finish and return after the email is sent?

Thanks again,

Tom

Tom, your configuration looks ok. But which user are you assigning the task to? Does that user action the task called "Task Completed" from the worklist. You dont need to add anything for the process to finish. Just action the task and it will continue to the next activity

Sujeeth - Thanks for your help with this. I was just expecting the Activity to complete when the email is sent. It appears this is not the case. I have decided to head down a different path.

Thanks again

Tom

If you want the activity to complete, just use an email event instead of client event. When client event is used, user input is required.

If client event is a must, then set activity level escalation to expire the activity after 1 minute. It will then proceed to the next activity without user input