Skip to main content

Hi All,

What is the difference between Suceeding Rule and Line Rule ?

Thanks and Regards

A succeeding rule determines if an activity has finished or not.

A line rule determines which line(s) leading out of an activity will be followed.

The line rules will not be evaluated until the activity has completed, so if the succeeding rule returns false, the workflow will stay at that activity. If the succeeding rule returns true, the line rules will then be evaluated and the appropriate line or lines will be followed.

If the succeeding rule returns true but none of the line rules are true, the process will end.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for replying.

I have this scenario:

I have 2 destination users for an activity. I have implemented a Succeeding Rule in that activity . I have Created a Slot for each destination.

The Suceeding Rule is All slots of (K2.ActivityInstanceDestination.DataFields["Result"] = "PASS").

After that I have another activity. There is simply a line rule between first and second activity. My doubt is if I update value of Result to PASS by one user and finish the task but I do not Update the value of Result to PASS by the other user but still I will finish the task, then Will the Suceeding Rule return true?

I have broken by head from morning 9 till now, exploring Logical Functions and these Rules.

Pls guide.

Thanks and Regards

This question was cross-posted and answered here:

http://k2underground.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=17877

Thanks.

Bob