Skip to main content
Hi

I have an activity that must only succeed if the field "ManagerApproval" is set to true in both slots.

I've set the number of slots available to 2, but every time I do the workflow I go to the next activity just with one "ManagerApproval" set to true...

Can any one help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo Carvalho
And what does your Succeeding rule look like?

Regards,
Ockert
looks like this

public void Main(ref SucceedingRuleContext K2) {
K2.SucceedingRule = false;
if ( (Func1(ref K2) == true) )
K2.SucceedingRule = true;
else
K2.SucceedingRule = false;
}

private bool Func1(ref SucceedingRuleContext K2) {

string strTemp1;
string strTemp2;
string strTempLD;
object firstVariable;
object secondVariable;
object LogicalData;

secondVariable = "true";
int Counter = 0;
foreach (ActivityInstanceDestination ActInstDest in K2.ActivityInstance.Destinations)
{
firstVariable = K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["ManagerApproval"].Value;
if (firstVariable.ToString().ToUpper() == secondVariable.ToString().ToUpper())
Counter += 1;
}
if (Counter == K2.ActivityInstance.Slots)
{
return true;
}
else
{
return false;
}
}
Your problem lies in the fact that you are comparing a process-level datafield "ManagerApproval" = true. You should change your Succeeding Rule to validate against an Activity level datafield.

Remember, there exists only one instance of any process level datafield at any point in time whereas a separate Activity level datafield instance exists for each destination user - for as long as the Activity "lives".

Hope this makes sense,
Ockert
It sure makes sence.

The question is:
How do I do that?

That was my first ideia, to use something like:
K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["ManagerApproval"][0].Value

where the [0] was the number of slots...
You need to:
1. Declare the datafield on Activity level i.e. Right-click on Activity in K2.net Studio | Properties | Datafields | Add;
2. Change your Succeeding Rule to use this Activity level datafield i.e. the line "firstVariable = K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["ManagerApproval"].Value;" should become something like: "firstVariable = ActInstDest.DataFields["ManagerApproval"].Value;"
3. Export your process to K2.net Server.
4. Change your client event to manipulate this 'just created' Activity level datafield instead of the process level datafield.
5. Test

Regards,
Ockert
How do I create a instance of a ActivityInstanceDestination?

Can it be done by the Connection on the k2 dll?

ProcessInstance _myProcessInstance = _myConn.OpenProcessInstance(Convert.ToInt32(_myInstanceID));
ActivityInstanceDestination _myActivityInstance =
for(int i=0 ; i<_myActivityInstance.DataFields.Count; i++)
{
_myActivityInstance.DataFields.Value= _myHash[_myActivityInstance.DataFields.Name.ToString()];
}

Ok.

All done.

I just used the worlistItem to get the ActivityInstanceDestination

Like this:

WorkListItem.ActivityInstanceDestination.DataFields

Them after puting the succeding rule with the activity instance instead of a process instance all worked just fine.

Thanks a lot.