Skip to main content
My company is considering implementing K2 but I have not been able to find if K2 Studio supports subprocesses. I have also not been able to find if any process documentation is automatically created. Does anyone know if K2 offers these features?

Thanks,
Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by support for sub-processes.

K2.net 2003 supports a concept called IPC - Inter Process Communication whereby one process can be called/planned/started from any other process. This will give you a typical Parent-Child relationship between the two processes. The child process can also be started Synchronously OR Asynchronously which means that the Parent process will either wait for the Child process to finish before it will continue OR it will start the child process as a totally separate process and continue with its own actions.

As far as automatic process documentation is concerned...
In K2.net 2003 Studio, you can select Tools/'Export Process XML' from the File menu. From this, an XML document containing all details about the process, including code will be generated. You can then either transform the XML using XSLT, or you can extract the relevant data from the XML document as required.

Hope this helps,
Ockert
Thanks Ockert! That is exactly what I needed.