Skip to main content

Hi All

We have a k2 solution with fat infopath form. Submitting the form is done via Infopath Data connections to K2 infopath web service. But sometimes we used to get timeout errors so that the users tried to submit again which creates duplicate process in K2. Today we have got data connection authentication from infopath but when the user entered the credentials and did submit there were 3 duplicate entries.

Any thoughts or sharing prior experience will help us a lot.

regards

S.Saba

Infopath has a default timeout on web services for 30 seconds. One way to change this setting is by editting the code.

1. Double click the ‘Run Query’ button while in design mode
  2. Click ‘Edit Form Code…’ (this will bring up the MS Script Editor)
  3. In the ‘OnClick’ function for the target button, insert the following code segment for a 120 second timeout value:

XDocument.QueryAdapter.Timeout = 120;
    XDocument.QueryAdapter.Query();

As far as the duplicates, I believe this is caused the the environment and I don't know how to change that part...sorry.

Corry C

Thanks a lot. It helps me to solve the partial problem.

regards

S.Saba

I remember this happening on my old K2.net 2003 system and duplicates would occur even if the form didn't time out. It was random though. If you find a solution to that please leave a post on the fix.

One question, have you checked/installed any fixes or updates to K2.net 2003?

Hi Cory

Thanks for the update. I will keep you posted if we find a fix. We did not install any k2 fixes.

regards

S.Saba