Skip to main content

I am trying to create a closing rule for a subform.  After trying many variations of close subform and do this... I have not been able to get the rule for subform closing to stick.  When I save the rule doesn't fire, so I proceed to saving and checking the form in...still no fire.  When I go in to check the form for the rule, the rule is gone.

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks,

Hi Daerne,

Does the SmartForm contain many views/tabs/rules, etc. I have noticed that when Forms grow rapidly they tend to disregard newly applied rules. I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but it is something I have seen before.

Regards,

Taariq

Hello Daerne

I know that in smartforms 105 certain behavior relating to dependencies between SmartObjects, Views, Forms, subviews and subforms will cause Forms and Views not to function as expected. There are a few instances where the SmartForms interdependencies and SmartObject dependencies are not satisfactorily dealt with, for example:

1. When the Form and View are edited simultaneously and an action is removed from the View, the Form will have invalid rules and will not be able to be saved.
  2. Removing controls that have rules defined from a subview will break the rules on the Parent Form.
  3. Changing or editing a SmartObject will break dependencies on Views consuming the associated SmartObject.
  4. Broken Service Instances are not handled as expected in the K2 Designer.

If you have done any of the above that might be why you are getting that behaviour.

Kind regards

Nelly

In my case sub form "close" button close the sub form in designer..but when i run the same from "runtime" its not work 

for testing purpose i just add simple form with sub form In main form i put the button which open the sub form and in sub form there is just a close button to close the form ..its work fine in designer but not in runtime...client is sufferening and angry :(

Hi Daerne

I have tested this with my own basic rule construction and it seems to be working fine.

I think it could be in your rule constuction.

Please provide us with the rule constructions you used and the configuration for each so that we can then reproduce it exactly the same on our side to find the core problem.