Skip to main content

Hi,

I have developed one workflow and from that based on condition i am calling sub workflow. I have also created approval history to log each action.

But when worflow gets started, sub workflow get started two times.

I have also disabled start workflow rule for subworkflow and it is disabled for sure.

In approval history, when process is in main workflow only one log in created (For Example : "Started"). But in sub workflow two logs are written twice with same message (For Example : "Sub workflow").

So, I don't understand from where this sub workflow is called second time.

Please help me with this issue.

I have two sub workflow and only one workflow is called twice second one is working fine.

From main workflow i have also checked that i am calling the sub workflows correctly.

Please help me with this issue. 

Hi  @Hiren_Thesiya,

I had something similar to this happen to me when I built a Workflow, deployed the Workflow, changed the name, and deployed the Workflow again with the new name. I ended up with two processes, and two notification emails, two complete worklist items etc. This may not be the case for you, how I found out about it may help you. 

Each Workflow is a process, you can check this by going to K2 Workspace, and click on Management and Management Console. Expand the server then expand Workflow Server, and expand your application. There you can see what Workflows exist in your application. Each of those Workflows can show you the instances that it has. 

Other than that you can check to see if there are two rules that are starting your Workflow. One rule coming from your main Workflow, there may be a rule that says "When save button is selected, add item to list, then  Start a Workflow" 

Then on your sub Workflow, there may be a rule that says "Start Workflow when an item is added to the list" 

That would cause a duplicate instance of the Workflow. 

Chad