Skip to main content

In my case sub form "close" button close the sub form in designer..but when i run the same from "runtime" its not working.. for testing purpose i just add simple form with sub form In main form i put the button which open the sub form and in sub form there is just a close button to close the form ..its work fine in designer but not in runtime...client is sufferening and angry :(

i  m using k2 smart forms 

Hi,

Would you mind uploading a screenshot of the Close Button rules, it could be that the rules are not configured correctly. This will help assist in resolution of the issue.

Regards,

yes sure 

its out of the box test form and sub form with single button of open and close 

my web.config is also same for runtime and designer 

12364i382772F63D504CB2.png

Just a quick question here..!!!

Would you mind letting me know what is the vesrion of Smartforms you are using?

If you have upgraded to 1.0.6, the latest version, yes this issue is happeing very freequently, if you try to open the forms using Internet explorer

Resolution:

Clear the cache and close the broweser and try to perform the testing, if the issue still persists, then drag a data label into you form (whatever your subform), go to the rules, once after all the rules are configured, finally before close window rule, use transfer data rule and to the data label write a HTML query like ----->

<script>window.close()</script>

This will resolve your issue.

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0)

still facing problem kindly let me know i m doing right way to transfer data in to label

13141i2890E97B5859DAC0.png

still waiting for response from community help...

Hi abcd123

Smartforms does make issues if the verion is not completely compatible with the blackpearl version. Please confirm you blackpearl version as well?

Aslo note that you first origional post stated that you are using a Form and calling a SubForm on the form in which the close button does not close the subform, but in a more recent post the screenshot shows that you are using a subview and subview rule where and not a subform and subform rule (subview "On ChildTest - (When button is clicked) subview, when button is clicked")

Please advise if you are using a Form with a SubForm or a View with a Subview?

K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 (4.12060.1590.0)

K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0)

K2 smartforms Control Pack 1.0 (4.13180.1.0)

i have tried with both sub form and subview and there is only one action for both either close a sub form or sub view 

even i have tried to use java script at close button ( with data transfer action in data label discussed in earlier post)

its run and give alert() but window.close doesnt work for popup ...

Hi abcd123

For testing, please do the below and let me know what your outcomes were.

1. Try adding a show message before the close rule and one after - this is to see if the close rule is completely skipped.

2. Try adding the close rule inside of a advanced condition and set the advanced condition to execute on some basic/simple

expression.

3. Try to add the close rule to the subview/subform initialise - to see if the rule is executed if position inside of a different rule