Skip to main content
In Studio Designer, K2 Object browser --> User Browser only shows a partial list of users in AD.  Is there any logic behind how users are pulled out of AD?  When I try to list users out of a large AD, I only get a partial list of users from one OU.
Can you however see all your AD domains? I don't, and would really like to know how to be able to browse ALL the domains in my forest 😥

Hi

Yup - had the same problem yesterday!  it would appear that this is a "feature" of blackpearl in that it has been hard coded to retreive only 100 AD users (think an enhancement is needed here!).

You can actually look for other users by right clicking on the "users" node within the User Browser and using the search function.

I have had a look through the various blackpearl config files and it doesn't look like there is a setting for this so it may be hardwired in the software :-(

Cheers

Robin

I think the whole reasoning behind the limit was because previously in K2.net 2003, the whole studio would hang when enumerating a folder with a large number of users.  I think probably somebody put in a feature enhancement to limit the number of returned entries.

Maybe a good enhancement would be to have a options dialog to allow you to specify the limit or to leave it unrestricted.

Problem: User Object Browser in Studio Designer only returns 100 users from Active Directory.

Solution: Change the default settings for the User Roles Manager Service under SmartObjects --> Services --> User Role Manager Service under Management Console in Workspace. The line you want to change is called FindUsersDefault and is set to groupname=null;size=100. You can change the size = number to whatever size you feel works best for you.

Keep in mind this setting is there to improve performance of the Object Browser. It is recommended instead of setting this number to a much larger number to pull back a more users,  use the search feature to locate a specific user.

Good Luck!

Nice Tip! You seem to learn something new everyday 🙂