Skip to main content

Symptoms

I am Using K2 Studio Workflow Integration.
I am using a 2 calculated columns in SharePoint from one column as a way to split data from one field.
Then I used this fields as parameter value from the Context Browser to make it part of a standard message in an email.
When the email is received, right after the right value the " string_ " is presented.

Diagnoses

I was able to reproduce the issue by following the customers instructions during our meeting. The issue is related to concatenating one column into two columns in SharePoint. The SharePoint Broker V2 is not able to parse this data correctly. I sent the issue to labs and they sent me a workaround using the SharePoint Content Broker.

Resolution

First register a new service instance using the SharePoint Content Broker with the SmartObject Service Tester tool by right clicking on the SharePoint Content Broker. (The SharePoint Integration Wizard defaults to the SharePoint Service V2.) Once the service instance is registered, create Smartobject for the list. Now you are able to call this SmartObject into K2 Studio using the Context Browser (Environment/SmartObject Server/Folder SmartObject is Saved to).

Grab the Prospect by drilling into the Single Method folder and pulling out Prospect. The wizard will as you to provide an ID to call in the correct Prospect field. This ID field will be found in the Item References, as you are referencing the correct item with the SharePoint Workflow Integration Wizard. I did run into a minor issue, with the ID not being parsed as an integer. To workaround this, just use the Function Browser in the Context Browser to parse the ID to and integer (Found in the Conversion Folder of the Function Browser). If you would like to reuse this email event multiple times throughout the current workflow, you can copy the activity and paste it anywhere else in your workflow. If you would like to use this outside of the current workflow, you can create a workflow with just this email event and use the IPC event to call the Prospect Email Workflow in another workflow.

Be the first to reply!