Skip to main content

Hi guys

Is it possible to add an entry to the string table in the workspace without deploying. I have a workflow that uses a entry in the string table and it was not deployed with the workflow. Is it possible to create this field.

Thanks

I don't know if I would recommend that approach even if one existed. String Tables are created based on Environment Library definitions. I would be concerned that any manual edits that you do to the structure of the String Table would cause issues during your next deployment or even be stepped on by the deployment process.

The best approach would be to update the appropriate environment library definition and redeploy so things are created normally.

Hi

Every process could use a different set of values from the stringtable without interfering with each other.

• The stringtable is a runtime concept. 
  • Values only get populated on deployment.
  • When blackpearl is installed, there is only one environment template called “Default Template” and that’s all our smaller customers generally need.
  • Inside the default template (Using K2 Workspace) you will see multiple environment libraries, usually for development and production. 
  • You can add more libraries to a template if needed for more environments. 
  • When you deploy a  process the current library in your current template will be deployed to the target server’s stringtable. 

Thanks for your reply guys. I've found that when you deploy a new field the existing processes do not inherit the updated string table.