Skip to main content

I see an String Table in the K2 Managment Console within Central Admin but when I click it I get a message stating "There are no environments to display" - I've also noticed I can't seem to find a way to add String Table entries via K2 Studio or any other method.

Are String Tables not supported in BlackPoint? (surely not)

I realize I could always just create a SharePoint list and put a SmartObject in front of it storing any string table-type entries but it doesn't seem as seemless as it does in BlackPearl.

Any suggestions? 

Let me see if I can help here.  I am more of a blackpearl person than blackpoint, however the concepts are the same.  In the K2 blackpearl book this is explained.

Simply put Environments are used for development, while StringTables are used for executing processes.  The values in the environment are populated into the StringTable when you deploy.  The StringTable is version controlled - that is why you are not allowed to delete or add values into the StringTable.  However you are allowed to edit StringTable values because your environment may change after a deployment.

Does that help?

Jason

Thanks Jason, I worked it out in BlackPoint:

• Open the Object Browser
  • Choose the little down arrow on the "Environment (xxx)" label
  • Select "Add New Field"
  • Specify the "Item Type" as "Miscellaneous Field"
  • Specify the Name and Value and hit OK

When the workflow is deployed, the String Table will be updated with these values.