Skip to main content

hi

i was checking the stored procedures for creating indexes on the development server for black pearl 4.5 and i could not find them

k2server.databaseRebuildIndexes 

k2serverlog.databaserebuildindexes

k2smartbroker.databaserebuildindexes

Is this something you have used in the past, and now can’t
find them anymore? Can you also explain why you typically do this?

those procedures are automatically created and called after any update to make sure that your database is indexed I want to make sure that the database is indexed. you can find it in the k2 documentation

the is what is written in k2.com under the subject 4.6 data consideration:

Rebuilding Indexes
Database indexes are utilized by K2 to improve performance.  On upgrades, the indexes for K2’s largest databases - K2Server, K2ServerLog and K2SmartBroker – may take a long time to rebuild.  K2 utilizes SQL Server jobs to execute stored procedures that rebuild the indexes.  These jobs can be run during upgrades by clicking Repair on the K2 Server > Rebuild Indexes node in Configuration Analysis.  To successfully create and execute the jobs, the SQL Server Agent service must be started and the Installer Account must be a member of one of the SQL Server Agent fixed database roles or the sysadmin fixed server role.

For more information, please see Create Jobs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186273.aspx

In environments that either cannot allow SQL Server jobs to be created or that have large databases that may require additional planning for downtime, indexes should be rebuilt manually by executing the following stored procedures as either part of a job (recommended) or directly (not recommended).

You might be referencing the same article but the KB:  http://help.k2.com/en/kb001281.aspx talks about running Configuration Analysis to see if the indexes have been rebuilt successfully. Note the rebuilding of indexes is, I believe,  4.6 added functionality so if you're running 4.5 that's probably the reason you aren't seeing it.

These jobs can be run during upgrades by clicking Repair on the K2 Server > Rebuild Indexes node in Configuration Analysis. To successfully create and execute the jobs, the SQL Server Agent service must be started and the Installer Account must be a member of one of the SQL Server Agent fixed database roles or the sysadmin fixed server role.

thank you timkn, yes I ran the analysis configurations and no errors were detected and there was no nodes related to the indexes I believe you are right, it is for upgrading to 4.6, I will mark your post as an answer, those stored procedures are generated after the update to 4.6.but how would I know that my database is indexed for this version 4.5

Someone from K2 can correct me if I'm wrong but before 4.6 there wasn't indexing or if there was it was completely internal.  I know some customers over the years have created their own indexes on the K2 databases which might cause supportability concerns.  With my customers over I only ran into one that ran into performance issues related to very high worklist loads that were resolved by creating their own indexes.

However, at this point in time I'd say wait until you can update to 4.6 and then K2 will create, manage and support those indexes.

Regards,

Tim