Skip to main content

MS Workflow Foundation supports state workflow, I like to know if K2 supports state workflow as well? What would be a "typical" K2 workflow be? Sequential, State, or a hybrid one?

If there is some incorrect understanding on this issue fundamentally, hope that experts here can point me to the right thinking.

Just my opinion...

The WF concepts of sequential and state machine workflows are low-level concepts.  blackpearl takes workflow design to a higher level that allows you to concentrate on the business process without worrying about some of the underlying details.  A first look at the blackpearl designer might lead you to think that it supports only sequential workflows, but the processes do support the concept of state.  I tend to think of it as the state changes being mapped exlicitly using line rules.

Is there any workflow component is there for State Machine in K2 designer for sharepoint? Suppose , in nintex there is a workflow action called " State Machine". we can drag and drop and use the component.