Skip to main content

Hello,

i have trouble with IPC server event. I have a main process. From that main process, i wanted to launch a sub-process called "action" twice.

So i made  2 activities :

-activity1 with event IPC server, is starting the first instance of the subprocess "action".
-activity2 with event IPC server, is supposed to start another instance of the subprocess "action".

Both activities are active at the same time.
When i try it, i get an error message : the first instance is starting, but the secnd instance fails and has error status, because i believe it is trying to get same serial number as the first instance ( the error message in service manager is serverevent 5 :"key was already added").

Do you think there is a solution? Or should i just make 2 copies of my subprocess action, with different names? ( but it would ba annoying for the statistics afterwards ).

Thanks a lot for your help. Have a nice day.

Malkir,

As I gather from your quoted error message, this could relate to an issue regarding starting multiple process instance using IPC. There is a post SP4 hot fix that I recommend you try. Its available from the Portal at: https://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/sets/hotfixDetail.aspx?id=12

Let us know if this has resolved your problem. 

Regards,
Gabriel

Hello,

well, thanks a lot, this patch is exactly what i needed, it solved the problem.