Skip to main content

Hi

I Making some very basic tests on initiating a workflow from a Smartform.

Have a very simple form with one field and one button

Have run the SmartForms Integration wizard and set the workflow to initialize when the button is pressed.

When I try to deploy I get the message "The Start Workflow action could not be found.
Run the SmartForms Workflow Integration wizard to resolve the conflicts"

Cant see where I'm going wrong - any ideas?

Hi, I wondered if you managed to resolve this issue. I am having the same problem even though all the rules seems to be set up correctly and the action name is set correctly in the work item bindings of 'action a worklist item' action configuration.

Hi,

Did you check in the forms and views before your ran the integration wizard and redeploy?

JK

Hi,

Yes I had. my problem is slightly different but I get the same 'Action not found' error. I am using the smartForm client event to open a worklist item, where actions should get displayed in a drop down list and when the user selects an action and presses a submit button the 'action worklist item' action is executed. At this point the action is not found even though the text passed for the action name is exactly the same as the action defined on smartform client event.

First I chose 'Use an existing list control to display the action' radio button in Action display settings of smartform client event, and that didn't show the actions list on the form. Then I added the actions to the list manually using a static datasource and passed the selected value on 'action worklist item'.that didn't work either!

Thanks

Sara

Hi Sara,

Which version of smarforms are you using?

You can check the configuration for Open a worklist item and Action a worklist item action.

• Make sure the rules are referencing the correct Process and Activity
  • In the configuration, ensure that Serial Number is referencing SerialNo from Parameters and the Action Name is referencing an existing drop down control on the form.

For the Open a worklist item action, it should be the first action in your form initialisation rule (most of the time).

JK

Hi JK,

Yes all the configuration is as you have noted. I am using SmartForms 1.0 (4.12165.1.0) and K2 Blackpearl 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0). It seems to be a bug to me.

Thanks

Sara

Hi all,

I'm getting this now.

I'm using SmartForms 1.0.5 and BlackPeal 4.6.6

I'm stumped as to why I'm getting this error, I have re-run the SmartForms event wizard and checked the Init and Action rules on my form and it still won't deploy.

Error:

The selected Submit rule was not found. Run the SmartForms wizard (Activity XYZ) to resolve this conflict

Has anyone found a way around this yet?

Thanks,

Joe

I have found that a lot of times, when you use the smartform client event. People end up mapping the wrong rules to the action worlist item rule. I would open all the rules on you form and check if there is a action worklist item where it should not be.