Skip to main content

I have published a process from the SharePoint designer and have commenced a workflow.

I can see two tasks in the SharePoint task list, one for me and one for another test user, but the K2 worklist which I've added to my test TeamSite is empty.

Furthermore, when I click on the task from the default SharePoint task list to edit the task item all of the drop-downs (Select User and Action This WorkItem) are all empty. So for this approval workflow, I'm unable to "approve" from within SharePoint, but I am assuming I should be able to which may be incorrect.

Looking in the K2 Management Console, I can see that the process instance has been started. I can also terminate these "erroneous" instances on the SharePoint workflow page.

Can't be too many more things left to solve on my install...

Is your MOSS server and K2 server on different machines or is the K2 server setup in farm mode? The main reason why the K2 worklist web part is empty is normally due to an improperly configured Kerberos delegation setup.

If you run running the K2 server in console, you can see what credentials is used to connect to the K2 server.  If your Kerberos setup is incorrect, you will normally see anonymous connections coming in.

If it is a Kerberos issue, this white paper might be useful.

www.k2underground.com/files/folders/21001/download.aspx

Basically, you need to:

1. Check that the service accounts are created and configured properly
  2. Service account should be trusted for delegation (usually the workspace account, SSRS app pool account and MOSS app pool account)
  3. Appropriate SPNs are set on the accounts.  K2Server SPNs on K2 server service account and HTTP SPNs on the Workspace account, MOSS app pool account and SSRS app pool account.
  4. MOSS or IIS sites should be enabled for kerberos authentication.

Old habits die hard? I think good habits die easy in old people...haha...i.e. me.

First thing I should have done was fire-up K2 Server in Console mode. Must tattoo this inside my eyelids. As soon as I did that I could see that Anonymous was coming through and therefore some part of the setup wasn't using Kerberos.

I found this article very useful, enabling kerberos within SharePoint. http://blogs.msdn.com/martinkearn/archive/2007/04/23/configuring-kerberos-for-sharepoint-2007-part-1-base-configuration-for-sharepoint.aspx

I also followed the whitepaper as suggested:

www.k2underground.com/files/folders/21001/download.aspx

So I've now been able to run a workflow end to end. Thanks to all, particularly Jonno, for patience and support.