Skip to main content

One of the shortcomings I have lived with in SP is the fact that there was no built-in method to kick off a workflow on a daily basis. I have tried to design flows that would allow me to set data columns that would, upon a specifically defined day/date send a notification and task to a process owner. Having the workflow run once a day would allow me to use an outcome rule so the workflow would only start if certain conditions were met.

Are there any scheduling utils out there for K2 Black Pearl?

Thanks

Dave

There is in the latest releases of blackpearl 4.5.  Using the K2 Process Portal site template in SharePoint you can schedule a process to kick off on different interval levels.  Here is a link to the topic in the help:  Concepts > Integration > SharePoint > K2 Process Portals > Using a K2 Process Portal > Process Portal - Process Management > Process Management - Scheduler

This is a screenshot of the interface in bp 4.5 1320. There are also APIs exposed if you need to do this programatically as well.   I hope this helps.

I updated the version of BlackPearl on my dev system. The scheduler is there but it doesnt seem to work. Is there an additional setup necessary in CA that will fix this?

Thanks

Dave

Are you getting any error when using the scheduler from sharepoint? Were you able to schedule process to run or are you getting an error at runtime?

Make sure the k2service account has start permission on the scheduled k2 process.

I tried to schedule workflows that I designed in the Sharepoint Designer. Regardless of the start settings for the workflow, the Scheduler errors saying that the workflow was designed to start automatically in Sharepoint.

Hello akadave,

I have reproduced the issue (process designed on sharepoint designer error out errors saying that the workflow was designed to start automatically in Sharepoint when scheduled) and reported to Labs. However, the schedules works find if the workflow desinged and deployed from K2 Studio or Visual Studio.

Of course if you add Sharepoint Workflow Integration from the process wizard it will give you the error even when deploying from K2 Studio so its of no use to me at this point. Also pulling data from columns doesnt work. Any idea how quickly they will resolve this?

Thanks

Dave