Skip to main content
I installed the SQL User Manager and installed the SQL User Manager database an another machine. Even when I set the SQL User Manager to talk to it's database using SQL Server Authentication, it continues to use windows authentication. It uses the account under which the K2 service is running. I have verified this by running the SQL Profiler. The calls going to the K2 and K2Log databases use the SQL User I set up, but the calls to the K2SQLUM database run under the windows account the service is running under. I verified that the settings indicate it should be using SQL Server Authentication. Is this a known defect? Are there particular settings I should check? I have checked the _Setting table in the K2 DB and the registry values for the SQL User Manager, and they all indicate that SQL Server Authentication will be used.

Thanks,
The SQL User Manager Connection setting is stored on the K2.net Server

Open K2.net 2003 Service Manager
Right click on the K2Server and select properties
Click on the User Manager tab
Note the Data setting on this page

1. SQLServerName,DatabaseName,SQLUserName,Password
OR
2. SQLServerName,DatabaseName

You can change the settings to any one of the above, the K2.net 2003 Server requires a restart before the settings will be applied
Hello,
I have verified that these settings were already correct. However, the SQLUM service continues to use windows authentication to connect to the SQLUM database. It is using the windows account that the service is running under to communicate with the SQL Server. Is it possible that the connection settings are being ignored?
Please download and install the latest version of the K2.net 2003 SQL User Manager from: http://portal.k2workflow.com/downloads/product.aspx
Please read the release notes before installation.