Skip to main content
Hi All

I am wondering if anyone has been through the following and would like to share their experiences with me.

Current environment:

SP01 - Sharepoint 2003 web front end, search, and K2.NET 2003 server
DB01 - SQL 2000
IND01 - Sharepoint 2003 index and job
+ Domain Controller

We are adding a second web front end and load balancing it with the SP01.

I need to know how this is going to affect K2.... Will K2 need to be installed on both front ends? Or would we be better moving K2 onto our application/job server?

Can K2 server exist on one node of a two node web cluster?

Many thanks, Richard
Hi Richard,

Have you gone ahead with this yet or are you still looking for some answers?

Ashley
Hi Ashley

Haven't gone ahead yet, still testing and thinking it through. There's no rush so we'd rather get it right.

A got an answer from a support ticket that said there would be no problem leaving K2 on one of the web front ends... However, that to me seems to defeat most of the point of having redundant web servers.

The current plan is this:

- Move K2 server to our indexing/application box (leaving K2 databases in situ on the DB server, so all our current active processes remain)
- Enable kerberos and configure to run with SharePoint on the other box
- Add the second WFE, load balance

As soon as I get a few days to spare, I'm going to run through all this on Virtual Server and see what happens. But I'd appreciate any further information or heads up you can give me to any potential problems.

Thanks! Richard 😎
Hi Richard,

Keep us updated with how you get on and we'll try and be of assistance where we can.

Ashley
Ashley

Cheers. I found this:

http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=1789&highlight=

And that is the approach I'm going to try, in VS first.

Now I just need to find the time to do it. I will definately be in touch with any issues :roll:

Cheers, Richard