Skip to main content

Hi,

Kindly pour in your suggestions for the following scenario:

I need to design a workflow which will have two documents attached to it. One of the documents will be used to the trigger the workflow and the other document will be attached in one of the further activities.After a few activities are performed, the workflow needs to be branched out into two. Each of these branches will have one document attached to them. Each document will under go default activities configured for their branch. Finally, the two branches of the workflow will merge and both the documents will be forwarded to the next activity.

Kindly help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Rasheed

What will you be using to store the documents? You mentioned that "one of the documents will be used to trigger the workflow", is this in Sharepoint or another document management system (DMS)?

Ideally if you have a DMS then you would simply store the document URLs in the process. To address your branching requirement, you would then only show the applicable document URL in the applicable branch, and thereafter display both document URLs once the process merges again.

I hope I understood you correctly.