Skip to main content
Hi guys,
I have developed a working prototype of a clients business requirement which includes stuff like multiple approvals, outlook meeting, subscription, escalations, deferring the start of an activity, task reassignment.
This was done using K2 2003 SP 2a. I used ASP 1.1 forms as the front end and interacted with K2 via K2ROM.
The client has come back saying that the entire stuff needs to be done in ASP 2.0 and SP3 of K2. They also are insisting that I will have a lot of problems in rewriting the code in C# 2.o as there would be no templates available in SP3.
My question is, since I have used K2ROM to access K2 from my ASP code, if I simply change my UI to 2.0 and keep K2 2003 SP3 in the backend, will I face any problems?
What are the problems I might be facing in redoing the entire prototype and what would be the challenges of the same?

Thx
Shortwire.
Hey guys,
Someone please help me out on this.
I just need to know what problems I might face when I convert my ASP 1.1 forms to ASP 2.0 forms and K2 2003 SP2a to K2 2003 SP3.
I have used K2ROM to access K2 from ASP 1.1.

Thx in anticipation.

Regards,
Shortwire
Hi,

They also are insisting that I will have a lot of problems in rewriting the code in C# 2.o as there would be no templates available in SP3
Not sure what's that about.

I haven't tested it myself but I cannot think of any reason why you would experience problems. Just remember to remove the SP2a K2ROM reference and re-reference SP3s K2ROM.dll.

Regards,
Ockert

Thx a lot Ockert.

I also thought along similar lines because I have not used K2 Smart Forms and neither have I used any custom C# 1.1 dll from K2 SP2a. Might be, I would have faced some problems if I had done the above.

Anyway, just another help, can you tell me how I can get SP3 on an evaluation basis?

Regards,
Shortwire.
Please contact your local K2.net Sales office. They will be able to supply you with a copy of the software or a URL for download purposes.

Regards,
Ockert