Skip to main content

Hi there,

I deployed K2 project from my development machine onto K2 Server. Now I am trying to run it on K2 server but it gives me the following error:

ClientException: Unable to resolve address http and port murl starting from "//"]. The specified class was not found.
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.SocketClient.InternalConnect(String server, String port, Int32 timeout, Int32 ipversion)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.SocketClient.Connect(StringDictionary Data)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.InternalConnection.Connect(StringDictionary Data)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Connection.Open(String Server)
   at K2IntegrationWebService.K2Workflow.ProcessExists(String ProcessName) in apath:line]. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The line which throws this error is:

static

Connection K2Connection;
K2Connection =

Connection K2Connection;
K2Connection =

Connection K2Connection;
K2Connection =

Connection K2Connection;
K2Connection =

All of the three above functions are from SourceCode.Workflow.Client namespace with path C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlinSourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll which was added in project references while development.

While debugging everything above to get the source of error, I got to know that the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll does not exist with many more dlls on the same path given above compared to dlls on my development machine.

Please help me in this regard to resolve the error. Many thanks.

Abdul Rehman

I discovered there are two SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll files at following addresses in my development machine:

1) C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBin
2) C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin

The K2 Server has this dll only at path 2 above. I have tried using 2 too in my code to add the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll to run the program. It resolves all the keywords used within the code but gives the same error.

I think there is something wrong but not with the dll. Please help.

The line which throws the error is as below (Don't know why it is not showing properly in the first post):

K2Connection = new Connection();
K2Connection.Open(Resources.K2ConnectionString);
K2Connection.CreateProcessInstance(ProcessName); // throws error

Since you are storing the connection string in the applications resources, could it still contain the value for your development environment?

It is not hard coded. The application resources are getting the connection string from the web.config file which is set to destination K2 server

I think there is something wrong with the K2 installation on this K2 server. I have tried and deployed the same code on two other machines on a different network by changing the K2 connection string which seems to work fine as required. Would you suggest I should reinstall the K2 on K2 server all over again?