Skip to main content

Which should you use, and when?  ALL of the SDK/help doco talks about SC.D.SOC, but it's a fairly odd interface, and some of the demo code (TaskAllocation service) uses SC.SO.C.

SC.SO.C seems a bit less generic (eg not based on ADO.NET, which we're not a big fan of) but the complete lack of documentation (such that I've found) makes it more difficult to use. 

My BIGGEST question would be "does the SC.SO.C API work remotely, or only on the K2 servers themselves?"  I'd also like to know which is reccomended, and when?

That's my thought as well, except that ALL of the examples in the SDK and training material use the ADO.net SC.D.SOC code.  Hence wanting some clarification 🙂
icon-quote.gif_cyclops_:

icon-quote.gifBBQNinja:
That's my thought as well, except that ALL of the examples in the SDK and training material use the ADO.net SC.D.SOC code.  Hence wanting some clarification :)

At our k2 101 training we used SC.SO.C.

Which module?  Or was it custom stuff?

For ours we used the ADO.NET stuff, but this was a long time ago (perhaps even during beta... I can't remember if we were on a final version or not) so it may have changed.