Skip to main content

I have an InfoPath-based process. It works great for "normal" users in my company, as well as the test account which was set up with only the most basic permissions on the network. However, if a manager or director opens the form, they can fill it out but receive an error when they try to submit:  "There has been an error while processing the form." The error in the logs is:

09/10/2009 09:24:41.48     w3wp.exe (0x19CC)                           0x1C2C    Forms Server                      Forms Services Runtime - Data C    82g0    Warning     Form submission failed. (User: <network><user>, Form Name: HR Mid-Year Progress Form, IP: , Request: http://<server>/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:HR-Mid-Year-Progress-Form:-myXSD-2009-09-03T10-35-45, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The connection file http://<server>/K2 BlackPearl Data Connections/InfoPath Web Service/Submit Workflow.udcx does not exist.)    11aa23b1-790b-4e0d-b7b8-6c6c62798768

The form submits perfectly on my computer with myself logged in. If I have a manager log in to my computer and try to submit the form, it doesn't work. And if I log in to a manager's computer and submit the form, it works. So it clearly seems to be a permissions issue, but I have no idea how to fix it. I tried setting up the test user with the exact same groups and permissions in Active Directory as a manager who was getting the error, but it still worked fine for the test user.

Please help! If I can't get this to work today, they are probably going to scrap the whole process for this year.

Check to see if those users have at least read permission on the k2 blackpearl data connection SharePoint library specified in the error message.
Thanks for the reply...I figured it out and now feel about 2 inches tall for being so stupid. I had granted permission to the sub-site and all the associated libraries and such, but not to the overarching sharepoint site. I didn't think that would be an issue, but clearly it was. But...that's the price of learning, I suppose. Again, thanks for the help.