Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a K2 Blackpearl installation with all components installed on a single server. When i originally installed the server i was able to test the SMTP server and the test passed (by clicking on the test button during the installation process).

Since the K2 was originally installed i now have a problem where my emails do not get sent and when i run the setup manager the SMTP test option fails.

I have double checked SMTP servername and it is stil the same and the from address is also unchanged .... but i cannot seem to get the SMTP server to verify.

can anyone please assist with what i can check or change in order to get the emailing of my workflows to work.

Thanks.

Hi,

We have not changed the SMTP test code in the installer for the last few updates so it is expected to work. The test simply opens a Telnet connection to the SMTP server, an EHLO command is issued and the results parsed to find the SMTP server capabilities.

You can inspect the trace files for the failure -- go to C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlSetupLog and check through the logs to see if you can locate the failure.

HTH,

Mike

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I have had a look at the log file you suggested and what i find is:

"243","2013-05-29 10:28:45","Info","15","15001","INFO","SMTP","15001 Unable to validate SMTP server JKMSBS01 Reason: ","anonymous","0.0.0.0","JKMSQL01:D:AccpacWProgsK2 blackpearlSetup","243","9a36681f7eeb405dab0d8c2044a158cf",""

I was hoping perhaps that might mean something and you could point me in a direction.

Thanks.

Duncan.

Hi Duncan,

Can you send me all of your install log files? Compress and send to miket@k2.com.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

By any chance do you know why I am getting this error message "The SMTP requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated." in the K2 Workspace.

I have test the connection with the tool MailTest.exe_v2_2-13-2013_8661 and I get that email perfectly fine.

Any idea please?

Somehow that email event was the problem. I deleted it and added a new one and now it is working fine.

Interesting, thanks for the update.