Skip to main content

Hi!

I installed the K2 Blackpoint on a single box (SQL, MOSS, K2 BP). Everything work fine. Management console, site collection features working.

Only Smartobject service get an authentication error:

SmartobjectServer Exception: Authentication required for session .....

Everything run with the same account (MOSS applcation pool, k2 service). The impersonate rights is set.

Any Idea?

1. When you said everything run with the same account you mean the account has site collaection admin and farm admin rights too? I think the AppPool user has to K2 admin, and site collection admin rights both.

2. Is there any error or warning during the K2 Blackpoint deployment?

1. MOSS and K2 use the same account (moss web application, k2 apppool, k2 service). Yes i set the site collection admin, and k2 admin rights.

2. There is no error during the deplyoment

I have this exact same error.  Did this get resolved?

Can someone post the resolution pretty please?

Hi - contacted K2 people directly.  Got the following: 

1. The SharePoint application pool identity must be a domain account and must not be using 'Network Service'. If this is the case you will have to change this to a domain account using the SharePoint Central Admin site.

2. If SharePoint is configured to use Kerberos authentication you will have to either configure blackpoint for Kerberos or switch SharePoint to NTLM only.

3. Disable the loopback Check as per MS KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861

Item 1 resolved it for me.

#1 fixed the same error for me also.

Number 1 also fixed it for me. But don't change the credentials directly on IIS just like i did...do it through Central Admin:

Go to Central Administration, Operations, Service Accounts.  Select the application, select the application pool, and then change the username and password. 

No 3) solved my issue :)