Skip to main content

I've created a SmartObject to pull employee data from other business systems for integration within a workflow.  I can get all the data just fine, but for some reason when I deploy the SmartObject, the field for the employee email is never assigned.  If I open the SmartObject Tester and execute the Get method, all fields are assigned appropriately except for the email field, which it acts like isn't even there.  I see the Email field in the list of properties for the SmartObject but it is never made available to my processes.

Any advice?

I would go back into the smartobject definition, edit the Get method and make sure that the service object call is appropriately mapping the email return value to your smartobject email property.

I would go back into the smartobject definition, edit the Get method and make sure that the service object call is appropriately mapping the email return value to your smartobject email property.

Done that three times.  Even tried deleting the object and creating an entirely new one with a different name.  Each time, no field containing "email" was found or displayed in the context browser.

hmmm. I am not sure what is going on then. I suggest that you log a support ticket if you haven't already and the support team can drill into this in more detail. You might also look into enabling the smartobject logging to see if that can help identify what is going on: http://help.k2.com/en/kb000298.aspx