Skip to main content

I have succesfully exposed a SmartObject as a webservice. When I try to access the webservice using SOAPUI it loads the service definition flawlessly but when I try to access the method it throws a 401 unauthorized error, no matter which account we use (even the admin account).

The method we performed these tests with just returns "Test", hardcoded, so no back-end systems are involved.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi

401 unauthorized errors are usually related to Kerberos, please check your Kerberos configuration and settings.

Are you referring to exposing an existing Smartobject as a wcf/rest endpoint similar to the image below (Smartobject Services):

12926i3CB6C0FA5C9740E6.png

I am not familiar with SOAPUI, but how is the authentication method/mode specified.  Instead if you were to create a C# console app, add the service and test, do you see the same behavior?

Using WCF Endpoint to start the process

StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMOSvcClient client = new StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMOSvcClient();

// Use the 'client' variable to call operations on the service.

StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMO processSMO = new StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMO();

processSMO.Folio = "fromConsoleApp";

processSMO.Priority = "0";

client.ClientCredentials.Windows.AllowedImpersonationLevel = System.Security.Principal.TokenImpersonationLevel.Impersonation;

client.StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMOSvc_StartProcess(processSMO);

// Always close the client.

client.Close();

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/4.6.7/webframe.html#URIs_for_WCF.html

“POST” to a rest service

Uri address = new Uri("http://k2.denallix.com:8888/SmartObjectServices/rest/Workflow/StartProcessSMO/StartProcessSMO/StartProcessSMO Process Instances/Start Process");

// create the XML Returned variable

string XML_Return;

// Create the web request

HttpWebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(address) as HttpWebRequest;

// Assign Credentials

request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

// Set type to POST

request.Method = "POST";

request.ContentType = "application/xml";

// Create the data we want to send

string SO_Create_POST = "<StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMO><Folio>Rest Call</Folio><Priority>1</Priority></StartProcessSMO_StartProcessSMO>";

StringBuilder data = new StringBuilder();

data.Append(SO_Create_POST);

// Create a byte array of the data we want to send

byte;] byteData = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(data.ToString());

// Set the content length in the request headers

request.ContentLength = byteData.Length;

// Write data

using (Stream postStream = request.GetRequestStream())

{

postStream.Write(byteData, 0, byteData.Length);

}

// Get response

using (HttpWebResponse response = request.GetResponse() as HttpWebResponse)

{

// Get the response stream

StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream());

// assign resonse the XML Returned variable

XML_Return = reader.ReadToEnd();

}

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/4.6.7/webframe.html#Using_K2_Web_Services_with_ASP.NET_Applications_REST.html