Skip to main content

Hi,

I recently created a SmartObject from an SQL Server table (lets say the table & SMO both named "MyTable") through SmartObject service tester. The creation was successful, but I found something strange.

When I executed an SQL query ("Select * from MyTable") directly in the management studio, the query returned 172 rows from the table.

But, when I executed List method from the service tester the SMO only returned 8 rows.

I've tried to recreate SMO a number of times, and I keep getting this issue.

Anybody know what's wrong & how to solve this? My workflow keeps getting error caused by this. Appreciate your help.

Hi

If you are using the smartobject tester (below the execute button in the input properties section), it has an option to page the results for list methods. Could you check that you are not paging the results.

Thanks

I didn't select the paging option.

After selecting List method, I let every settings as default, then click Execute.

This happened to all my smartobjects.

I would start by enabling SmartObject logging and check if there any filters applied and if the correct records are returned from the database:

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/fromthebench/archive/2008/10/24/smartobject-logging.aspx