Skip to main content

Hi There,

I am getting a problem while refreshing the Workflow instances through "SmartObject Service Tester.exe"
Please find an attached doc for the error message. As I am not able to refresh my Workflow instances the Email notifications are coming with complete URL's rather than a hyperlink( Screenshot attached in Doc).

Thanks
Amit

This started happening to me when my K2 database started getting larger.

Take a look at: http://help.k2.com/kb001204

I believe you have to increase your command time out.  <add key="commandtimeout" value="30" />...bring the value higher if you still see the timeouts.

Hi David,

Thanks. I already tried this by setting up the commandtimeout value to 120 but no joy 😞. As per  database size is concern it is not that big where I should start getting any Latency.

I also tried IISRESET after the config change just to make sure the the changed settings are in place.

******************************************SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.CONFIG******************

<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="smartObjectDependancyClassId" value="9812F4EA-75C9-48C1-83DB-578FCCE0CBC7" />
<add key="smartObjectServicesDependancyClassId" value="BB063376-0A7B-4849-BE59-49CDF511DC91" />
<add key="smartObjectServicesTypeDependancyClassId" value="EA60367A-5E41-4889-8F64-E1E494A77675" />
<add key="servicebrokerpath" value="C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlServiceBroker" />
<add key="hostserver" value="UK-UT-QMS01" />
<add key="port" value="5555" />
<add key="cacheTime" value="0" />
<add key="commandtimeout" value="120"/>
</appSettings>
<connectionStrings>

Amit,

Can you put a space between in your command timeout @&nbsp;value="120"/>...it should be "120" />

and restart your K2 service.

Sorry David, Corrected the value:

<add key="commandtimeout" value="120" />

But its still failing :(

With that still failing, I would reboot SQL and K2 servers.  There might be something running on one of those servers that's hanging up the communication.

Thanks David, Rebooting of my K2 Server did worked 🙂. But still rebooting is not always a good option specially in case of a shared servers.

But still my second issue as shown in the screenshot yet not been resolved. In past refreshing of Workflow services used to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Amit