Skip to main content

The SmartObject method reference is a great way to access my data in my process events, but is it possible to access that data in the code behind of a server event?  If so, what is the syntax for accessing that data?

Unfortunately, you cannot.  If you are using a SmartObject reference, there is no way to access it in a server code event.  The way it works when you drag a SmartObject reference onto a field in a wizard is it stores information in the wizard event configuration that is resolved at runtime using our resolver framework.   If you need to manipulate a field from a SmartObject reference you will probably need to use the SmartObject event wizard to load the requested values into data fields.  You can then access the data fields in a code event.

David

Thank you, David.  This is what I suspected, and I had actually already used a SmartObject event in this activity in order to get the data to a place where I can access it within my server event.  I was just hoping I had missed something. 🙂

What happens in the case where multiple values are returned from the result of the SmartObject Event?  When I mapped the results to a data field, it appears to only capture the last value from the result set.  

I have a Smart Object that returns a series of values for the result. (ex. return CompanyId - 44, 23, 67, 12, 9, ....).  I would like to map the return value to a Process Data Field, in turn the process data field would contain a string of "44 23 67 12 9" with some kind of delimiter between the values. 

Is this possible?

Thank you 

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution for this? Even I need to do the same thing i.e the SmartObject returns multiple values and I want to map the result to data field.

Can  somebody please help me on this?

Regards,

Gaurav

Is this still the case that SmartObject references are not accessible in server event code, and they must first be transferred to a data field?