Skip to main content
I am attempting to deploy a process in the production environment using the deploy package and am receiving the following error: ' C:deploymentssecureaccessDeployment*********.msbuild(97,5): error : Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Dependancy could not be created: System.Exception: Dependancy could not be created. Parent does not exist in this environment. Check Data property of exception. After searching the forums it appears that there is a tool, the 'ServiceObjectGUIDConverter' that can be used to address this problem. When I run the tool I do not see my SmartObject in the list of ServiceObjects. It seems to me even if I did see the SmartObject on the original db, I could not make the change on the new db because the object has not yet been created. I feel like I might be missing something in trying to deploy, any suggestions?

Are you talking about the Service Instance Synchronizer Utility?  You won't see your SmartObject in the list of ServicesObjects because it is a list of...well, ServiceObjects.  What ServiceObject is your SmartObject using? 

Assuming you are connecting to a service where instances can be created on the fly (like SharePoint), you will want first make sure that you have actually created that service instance in your new environment.  If you use the ServiceBroker utility, you can specify the GUID for your new service broker and could set it to the same GUID as your old environment.  The GUID of the old environment should be listed in the error message.

If you have already created your service instance and the GUID doesn't match, you can use the synchronizer utility to change the GUID of an existing service instance.  For example, let's say you created an instance of the SharePoint service by using the option under the Site Actions menu in SharePoint.  A new instance of the service for that site would be added to the SharePoint service, but it would use a new auto-generated GUID.  You can use the synchronizer utility by selecting the SharePoint service in the first dropdown, then selecting your instance in the second dropdown.  Enter the GUID you want to change it to in the New GUID field and update.  For convenience, you could make the GUID the same as the GUID on your original system so the next time you deploy you won't get this error because the GUIDS will already match.

I was trying to use the wrong utility. The synchronizer worked great and I was able to deploy the process. Thank you.

Hi ,

Where can I find Service Instance Synchronizer Utility ?.. Is it a separate tool in K2 ?

Thanks

JP

There are two tools you may find useful for this, both on blackmarket:

Service Instance Updater

SmartObject GUID Updater

Hello everyone,

I'm getting the same error but i'm using Blackpoint:

SmartObjectServer Exception: Dependancy could not be created: System.Exception: Dependancy could not be created. Parent does not exist in this environment. Check Data property of exception. at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.VerifyObjects(List`1 parents) at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.CreateDepenancyBatch(Dictionary`2 depenancyBatch). SmartObject: ’Users’Parent ID = ’77961afc-114c-4701-a326-8d63c85928d1’Parent Name = ’Users’Parent Class Name = ’’Parent Version = ’’Parent Extra Data = ’SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePointV2.SharePointService’ 
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services. 

I build this process in a VPC and when I tried to deploy on client's machine, I get above error. I have tried synchronize utility but no luck. Is there another way to get this resolved? Perhaps i'm not using the utility correctly, could someone explain how to use the utility properly? Thanks a bunch

To resolve that error is outlined in the following KB article:

http://help.k2.com/en/KB000250.aspx - SmartObject GUID Synchronization