Skip to main content

I understand that Smart Forms requires Internext Explorer 8 or later, but to my knowledge, Outlook Express uses IE 7 by default (correct me if I am wrong). 

For some reason, when I try to view a Smart Forms page in outlook, the list items are not displaying anything, just empty spaces. Is this due to the IE version that outlook uses or not? I don't know how it behaves when you use an unsupported browser, i.e. does the whole page fail to load, or does it load, but with some unexpected behavior (such as my situation with the list items)?

Thanks,

Hi there

As of now, the only IE that is currently supported by both Microsoft and K2 is IE 11. Prior to this change, IE 8 was onlyt supported for SmartForms Runtime. More information on this is available here:

http://help.k2.com/blackpearl/support-matrix#Browser

What having a product be supported means is that K2 has tested it against the software and has found that it works. As such, unsupported browsers simply haven't been tested against and could exhibit several different signs of not working or none at all. As for Outlook Express, it was only supported from IE 4 to IE 6. Also, Outlook Express itself is not supported with K2, so it may be causing issues.

Ian