Skip to main content

Hi All

Really beginner question i suspect but im struggling with a smartform start rule in K2 Studio.

I have a complete workflow with multiple items and its fairly complex with rules.

The start rule is really kicking me at the moment.

I have 4 start lines from the Start area. All have rules assigned and when there are only 2 this works OK, as i basically have a standard line rule that says if Option A is True then go this way, if Option B is true go the other.

I have tried to extend this to be if Option B is true and Option C is True then go down line three and line 4 is if Option B is true and Option D is true go the final line. 

For some reason as soon as i start to add the more complex rule it simply stops!!

Anyone have any information about start rules i can look at please?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

There should be no issue with having 4 or more line from the Start Activity. What you need to do is make sure that at least one of the line rules always evaluates to true (if indeed you always expect that to be the case).

Check all of your line rules and make sure that for all scenarios one of them evaluates to true. It might help to create a matrix (in Excel for example) to work out the logic.

Remember you can check for false values as well (e.g. Option A is True and Option B is false) and you can nest your statements. Also, make sure that all of the "Options" you are checking have values (a null or empty value wont evaluate to true or false).

Check out K2 Help for more info on Line Rules

Hi Andrew

Thanks for this. However; i am using a YES/NO smartobject as the expression so i am working on an assumpation that a "blank" in the tick box = false. 

Is this correct or would you recommend changing what i hang the rule around?

Thanks
Dan