Skip to main content

Hello,

I noticed recently that my smartforms has a strange lag when loading. So I copied some forms and ran some tests. I turend off all data connections, the tests were running on empty forms - no data downloaded.

Here is what i found out (see attachment). The whole form loads up quickly intile the last methos is invoked, which usully takes 4/5 seconds. Is there any way to speed up the loading time? Is it proccessed on client side or server side?

Thanks in advance for help,

W

11116i3BA509274A3E94B3.png

Hi,

You may want to try and ensure that your AJAX/smartobject calls are as efficient as possible. If you are using stored procedures in your methods try consolidating them that amy reduce the calls being made to the K2 server.

Hello,

As I posted before, there is no data on the form. The loading time is so long without any connections to smartobjects nor other data sources.

regards,

W

Hi,

I would check the K2 blackpearl Server logs.

Turn on full K2 Server logging and then try and open the form again.

Normally something like this points to something being slow with authentication or something else on a deeper level.

Perhaps the logging will show what is happening during the call that takes so long to return.

Let us know what you find.

Regards,

JohanL

Does the K2 server have access to the internet? 

If it doesn't then this might help:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html#slow_startup_for_k2_components_when_machine_has_no_internet_access_.html

HI all,

This is quite an old thread but I'm have a similar issue. It would be great it anyone could help. Currently uing 4.6.9 where the problem seems to be worse than ever. I find the speed when loading anything smartform is big even for simple things when compared to an asp.net page for example. 

Attached is a network capture when I request a simple smartform view. It only contains a couple of labels and a few buttons. It does not make any calls to anywhere. It is only loading the controls here. As you can see the first get seems to take 40 + seconds and anything after that takes milli seconds. I can run this about 10 times and it will take te same amount of time.

I do not think its the computer that is slow because when i do the same capture with a asp.net form (not just a view, a full asp,net form with calls to webservices and even k2 API's t takes milliseconds). I can also see that there is also plenty of resource available when i make the call (cpu, memory, disk read/write etc).

I have tried timkin's suggestion but that didnt improve the speed. I also tried running service in console mode and looking at any logs but did not notice any authentication issues. Although, i am not entirely sure what i am supposed be looking at.

Thanks

13338i403AA1BAB4BE4152.png