Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have SharePoint URL entry for the SharePoint Landing page which I am utilizing to redirect once the request is submitted. Once I deploy the process it becomes unresolved item. Hence every time I deploy the process I need to go into destination server and change the reference manually.

Diagnoses

Tested this behavior on a 4.6.11 and 4.6.9 version of K2 and saw that even with different URLs, as long as the values are named the same and exist in each of the libraries on the package and target environment, K2 will resolve the URL to the one required in the target environment.

Resolution

It was discovered that when the package was taken from Dev and deployed to Staging the string table for the process would show as the old URL or it was blank. The string table pulls its values from the environment library on the target environment so it was apparent that the target environment did not have the Sharepoint URL that we were trying to use in both environments as the URL for the form to navigate to after it closed. On the Dev Server we could see that in the environment library we had various environments named dev, staging, prod, etc. Although these were named for the different environments they were not connected to the other servers and did not reflect the values stored in the environment libraries on those servers. So in fact the environment field for the sharepoint url did not exist on the target environment, which is why the url needed to be remapped after deployment on the forms instead of K2 automatically mapping the url correctly.

http://help.k2.com/environmentlibrary_whitepaper.aspx#

Be the first to reply!